
This
is my CD cover for "A Beautiful Lie" by 30 Seconds To Mars. Originally I chose to use a chrome leaf for my album cover. The leaf gave a cold feeling which fitted in well with the music video being based on war. It also, follows the conventions for a rock album cover since its plain, simple, the name of the band is in a larger font the the album name, and its place middle top above the album name.
However afert thinking about what would suit the music video more decided to go with a war theme hence the poppy. I used "Adobe Photoshop" to edit the picture and then uploaded in into "Pages" where there was already a template for an album cover. So from there I added the text, copy right information and logos.
However afert thinking about what would suit the music video more decided to go with a war theme hence the poppy. I used "Adobe Photoshop" to edit the picture and then uploaded in into "Pages" where there was already a template for an album cover. So from there I added the text, copy right information and logos.





Overall, I have tried to keep to codes and conventions of rock album covers as much as possible. the conventions being: simple, the album name being in a smaller font then the band name, the band name being underneath the album name and both being located in the upper middle of the album cover.


No comments:
Post a Comment